I. Call to Order
Leigh Gaskin, board chair, called the meeting to order at 4:15 p.m.
Other members present were:
Carmen Jaramillo, Madison Jackson, Hannah Basler, Gabriella Ramos,
Parker Blekkenk, Matt Haugen, Richard Miller, Karen Breese, Jacob Wagoner
and Rachel Wong. Staff members: Jacob Jones and K. Denise Boyd
II. Approval of March 28, 2018, minutes.
III. Announcements – Richard Miller thanked those in attendance for serving on the board this last year.
Madison Jackson, editor-in-chief:
• Thanked the board for their support on the referendum this year
• Working on the Athletics stories, university budgets and Title IX
Emily Mattson, manager, advertising:
• Creative is going dark this summer, only 1 person working as an ad designer / graphics
• Hiring new staff: working on hiring the new advertising reps for next year
Marketing – no report
Kai Amos, editor, Chinook yearbook:
• The yearbook will be delivered next week
Gabriella Ramos, editor, Visitor Guide, and Outreach coordinator
• Deadline for the magazine is Friday, April 27, 2018.
Creative – no report
Jacob Jones, content adviser:
• Service & Activities - ASWSU Elections – stories the students have covered
• Gabriella was awarded the Presidents’ LEAD Award
• Josh Babcock provided newsroom training
Jacob Jones is not renewing his contract for the upcoming year
V. New Business
We will be moving summer editions from Wednesdays to Thursdays in order to include the Lewiston Tribune’s Inland 360 insert
VI. Public Comment: none
The meeting adjourned at 4:37 p.m.
Minutes taken by K. Denise Boyd, fiscal specialist