Student Media Board
The Student Media Board is a forum for students, faculty and staff to help direct the office and the departments within the office. The public is welcome to participate in monthly meetings and to propose agenda items on any issues not related to content of the publications. Board members select the Chinook editor, Evergreen editor, and graphics editor. The board is regulated by the Statement of Policies established in 1998.
Browse past notes from our regular meetings.
- 2023 Meeting Minutes
- 2022 Meeting Minutes
- 2021 Meeting Minutes
- 2020 Meeting Minutes
- 2019 Meeting Minutes
- 2018 Meeting Minutes
- 2017 Meeting Minutes
Student Media Board Meetings
The Board of Student Media meets 4:15 p.m. the last Thursday of every month when school is in session. Those meetings are online on the Zoom platform.
The meetings are open to the public. To double-check a time and date, please contact Denise Boyd at (509) 335-7574 or email@example.com. Copies of agendas and minutes are also available from Denise Boyd as are Zoom links for online meetings.
- To monitor all publications and to develop, implement and mediate policies of governance for Student Media.
- To act as a liaison between The Office of Student Media and the campus and community at large, and to act as an advocate for the students and their publications.
- To approve the annual budget and capital investments.
- To provide, with the help of professional staff, input for long-range planning and goals in all areas of responsibility.
- To appoint student managers for all publications in accordance with the Operating Bylaws.
- To establish, consolidate or discontinue any publication under its control, subject to approval of the university president and the Board of Regents.
- To ensure that facilities and equipment shall be used only for productions of Student Media.
- To ensure that all properties, funds, securities and titles of any publications established under Board of Student Media authority shall be managed in accordance with the fiscal management policies of Washington State University.
- To approve operating bylaws and to adopt grievance and appeal procedures.