The Daily Evergreen Newsroom
The Daily Evergreen is a nationally honored newspaper that publishes daily online and weekly in print. Students of all majors and interests are hired to write stories, take photographs, create graphics, and sell advertising. They train one another in writing, editing, reporting, and they learn to manage staff amid a variety of crises.
Letters to the Editor
Typed letters to the editor may be mailed or brought to Murrow Center 122 or e-mailed to email@example.com. All letters under 300 words are considered for publication in The Daily Evergreen. A name, signature and phone number must accompany all letters. The Evergreen reserves the right to edit for space, libel, obscene material and clarity. Guest commentaries of 500 words or less also are considered for publication. Guest commentaries are subject to the same submission and editing guidelines as letters to the editor.
Submitting News & Announcements
- Send in a press release. Send it via e-mail, mail or fax (contact information below).
- Focus on how it affects students and staff/faculty.
- Send it early.
- Provide contact information.
- News tips or story ideas are encouraged any time.
P.O. Box 642510
Pullman, WA 99164-2510
Murrow Center, Room 122
News: (509) 335-2465, firstname.lastname@example.org
Life: (509) 335-1140, email@example.com
Sports: (509) 335-1140, firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX: (509) 335-7401
Submitting a Complaint
If you have a correction, complaint, or suggestions:
- Call the student editor or manager directly:
Evergreen editor at (509) 335-3194 or e-mail at email@example.com
Chinook editor at (509) 335-2490 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising manager at (509) 335-2124 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- For operational issues, contact Student Media Director Richard Miller at (509) 335-5138 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of members of the Student Media Board, which elects student managers, can be found on this Web site.